Mia Takami Real Estate
San Francisco CA 94105
It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
FOR VISITORS ON OUR WEBSITE WE COLLECT:
- Any voluntary information submitted to us by visitors.
- Aggregate (General Tracking) information about pages that users visit on our site.
- Non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how our visitors use our website. From time to time, we may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of our website.
- Potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. We do not use such information to identify visitors and do not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances for disclosing personally-identifying information, as described below.
THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT IS USED FOR:
- Internal review, tracking, or contacting and is then archived for future reference.
- Delivering custom content to our website visitors.
- Improving the quality of our website content and user friendliness for a better user experience.
- Contact information for billing, service announcements, marketing purposes, including newsletters, emails or periodic advertisements from our company.
- Not Shared with any outside organization for commercial purposes, except where required. We may still share this information for tracking and other non-commercial purposes.
GATHERING OF PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
Certain visitors to our website choose to interact with us in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for an account to provide a name, email address and phone number. Those who engage in transactions with us are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, we collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with us. We doe not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
PROTECTION OF CERTAIN PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
We use SSL encryption to protect the data that is transferred between you and our servers. We disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of our employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide services available at our websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using our website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. We will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to our employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, we disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of our organization, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of a our website and have supplied your email address, we may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with our organization and our products. We primarily use our blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. We will take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
VIEWING AND DELETING COOKIES
You may view the settings in your browser to see a list of all cookies that are saved on our website. You can view the contents or delete them at any time.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
OPT-OUT OF COOKIE COLLECTION
If you do not consent, you should not use our website, because at the moment, there is no way to use our site without cookies. We require the use of basic cookies for doing very mundane things like: remembering the active menu, or storing common variables to make the site load faster. You cannot opt out of these required cookies or the site won’t work. We do use third party services (e.g. Google Maps) which may set cookies that could track you around the internet on other sites that use those same services. Unfortunately, we can’t provide you functionality like Maps, Chat, or Analytics (which is important for our business operations) without these cookies. They are critical to our core functionality and business activities, and we don’t currently have a way to disable only specific features of the site. But if you are concerned about third party cookies tracking you, you do have a few options:
- Edit your browser settings to “disable third party cookies” (see this article for tips).
- Opt out of cookie collection at the third party company, e.g. Google Opt-out
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
HOW DOES OUR SITE HANDLE DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS?
We do not currently have the technology to honor Do Not Track signals. However, third-party services may honor this request.
DOES OUR SITE ALLOW THIRD-PARTY BEHAVIORAL TRACKING?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (CHILDREN ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
FAIR INFORMATION PRACTICES
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within 72 hours.
- We will notify the users via in-site notification within 72 hours.
- We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM ACT
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL non-account related correspondence. But as long as you use our services, you are required to consent to billing, service, and account related correspondence.
If you have any questions, or are currently receiving a newsletter or emails from us and would like to stop receiving them, please notify us by contacting us by mail, phone or email at the above address.
With respect to sensitive information, we will redirect the user to a secure page on our site before transferring or receiving sensitive data. This information may include credit card or banking information, personal information, or other sensitive information.